Cost: £300.00 + VAT
Introduction to the course
This course is specifically designed for experienced electricians who are interested in expanding or diversifying their business by learning to install this emerging technology.
- IET Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008 amd 3 (2015)
- IET Guidance Note 3
- IET Onsite Guide BS7671:2008 amd (2015)
- IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installations 2nd Edition
- Your own test equipment and in date calibration certificate (we can provide test equipment if required)
- Introduction, BS7671 section 722 and the IET Code of Practice
- Modes of charging, EVSE, restrictions
- Installation practices, risk assessment, earthing, protection, labelling & practical exercises
- On street, commercial & industrial situations
- Inspection, testing, fault finding & maintenance
- Certification & notification to DNO
- Practical assessment and online examination
The course is designed to help installers take advantage of the opportunities presented by the growing low carbon transport sector. It will provide the installation skills and knowledge to help you to make the most of potential consumer demand for low-cost alternatives to conventional fuel as well as the tax reductions and incentives going electric can provide.