Cost: £225.00 + VAT
Introduction to the course
This Programme has been designed for candidates who will be working in the vicinity of or on electrical equipment or systems which should be isolated prior to commencement of work.
It would be an advantage to bring the following publications:
- IET Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No3 (2015)
- Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- IET Guidance Note 3
- IET On-site Guide BS 7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No.3 (2015)
- Electric shock and legislation recap
- Additional precautions
- Safe systems of work recap
- Safe isolation equipment recap
- Incorrect isolation of three phase
- Safe isolation of three phase equipment
There is a presentation and practical demonstration of the isolation of three phase distribution boards, and rotary isolators this is then assessed via completion of practical tasks and a multiple choice written assessment.